Pediatric EM Physicians
ChristianaCare is looking for a BC/BE Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physician to join our newly opened 2022 Pediatric Care Center. Our mission is twofold: to provide exceptional care for children, and to provide an exceptional work environment for our faculty and staff. Come join us!
- 24/7, 14-bed pediatric acute care unit that opened Fall 2022
- Combined Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Urgent Care and Pediatric/Medicine-Pediatrics Hospitalist physician staffing
- Nursing staff with pediatrics and emergency medicine backgrounds
- Resident teaching opportunities: EM, EM/IM, EM/FM, FM, Med-Peds
- Academic affiliation with Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
- EMR (Cerner) and E/M coders
- All imaging modalities, including POCUS
- Both in-house and external consults readily available
- Unbeatable culture: focus on DEI and work-life balance
- Exceptional career development opportunities for faculty: leadership tracks, QI tracks, committee involvement
- Ample educational resources, including 9000 sq ft SIM center
- Competitive total compensation package
- Location: Newark, DE. ~30 min to Philly, ~1hr to Baltimore, ~1.5h to popular DE beaches
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. We rank 21st in the nation for hospital admissions and 6th for admission of stroke patients.
ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 290 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
Benefits of living in the Delaware Valley:
Working for ChristianaCare offers the best of urban and suburban living with multiple housing options, excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and a short driving distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beaches. The location provides easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia and New York City - all within a short drive or train ride from Newark, DE.
When we lead with love, excellence is inevitable.
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
Love your health!