Work in Hawaii [Urgent Care]
- Provides direct patient care at the Urgent Care Clinics
- Provides diagnostic and therapeutic care to the patients of the Urgent Care Clinics.
- Completes correspondence and documentation on patients to promote communication with community providers as required.
- Maintains standards of care and oversees the delivery of care and outcomes of the health care provider team (includes physician assistants) while on duty.
- Refers patients to and receives patients from appropriate community agencies and resources.
- Promotes and participates in patient education.
- Charge captures and documentation all done timely, accurately, legibly and in compliance with QMC guidelines and CMS regulations.
- Duties may include community presentations, participation in Urgent Care outreach and marketing activities and other tasks related to quality improvement within the Urgent Care Clinics.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or EC FMG certification.
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Hawaii.
- Board certified or board qualified in Pediatrics and/or Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine.
- During the period of employment, shall be and remain a member of the QMC Medical Staff in good standing with appropriate privileges without restriction.
- Qualified for an appointment on the faculty of the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine.
- Three (3) years of outpatient and/or urgent care experience preferred.
Providing quality health care services to Native Hawaiians and all of the people of Hawai‘i.