EMERGENCY MEDICINE FACULTY PHYSICIAN
The Department of Emergency Medicine at University of Iowa Healthcare invites recent graduates and experienced faculty to apply for faculty positions within our expanding department.
Successful candidates will join our team in providing patient-focused clinical care, education at all levels, and clinical research/scholarship.
Salary, academic rank, and faculty track will be based on the applicant’s qualifications, goals and research interests.
Opportunities exist for involvement in Pediatric Emergency Medicine, EMS, Ultrasound, Research, Toxicology, and Clinical Operations.
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is a Level 1 Trauma Center for adults and children and the state of Iowa’s only comprehensive academic medical center.
We are one of the nation’s largest university-owned teaching hospitals.
The Emergency Department features 45 private patient rooms
- a separate Pediatric ED
- annual volume of 65,000+ patients
- physician double coverage at all times with PA/ARNP support
- 6, 8- or 12-hour shifts.
Extremely competitive salary enhanced by an excellent fringe benefits package:
- CME funding
- exceptional opportunities for career development and advancement
- a collegial work environment
- family friendly community.
Applicants must be a graduate of an approved medical school, have a medical or osteopathic degree and be a graduate of an ACGME-accredited Emergency Medicine residency.
Applicants must be board eligible or board certified in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine at time of hire and must be committed to providing patient-focused care as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. Applicants will need to demonstrate effective interpersonal and written communication skills and possess a strong commitment to academic medicine. Successful candidates must have demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse environment and be committed to ongoing performance improvement and patient satisfaction initiatives.
Applicants must be board eligible or board certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) by the time of hire.
- Fellowship training in Pediatric Emergency Medicine, EMS, Ultrasound, Research, Toxicology, or Administration.
- Prior academic experience in Emergency Medicine training programs.
- Prior teaching experience in the medical sciences, post graduate level.
- Prior research experience/scholarship in Emergency Medicine or the health sciences.
Care you deserve. Expertise you trust.