Emergency Medicine Physician
Cooley Dickinson Hospital seeking a full-time physician to join a team of energetic physicians who are providing 24/7 community-based care for an active service that treats 33,000 patients per year in Northampton, MA.
Our ideal candidate will be BC/BE in emergency medicine. This position will commence in May 2023 or after. This is a fabulous opportunity to practice in a collegial and professionally supportive environment. Our 26- bed emergency department offers providers a supportive clinical and administrative infrastructure.
- Flexible Schedules- Full-time physicians work 1664 hours/year, but many team members choose to work 1300-1400 hours/year for work/life balance
- Providers rotate schedules that include 7 am-3 pm, 12 pm – 10 pm, 3 pm – 12 am or 10 pm to 7 am.
- Special ED care area for Psychiatric emergencies which accounts for roughly 10 % of people who visit our ED each day.
- Stroke Program: We have been licensed as a Primary Stroke Center by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. Cooley Dickinson Hospital has received the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke Gold Plus quality achievement award.
- X-ray, imaging, and lab services are available in the ED. Electronic monitoring, bedside registration, state-of-the-art ultraviolet infection prevention, as well as electronic medical records help ensure safe and efficient care. For strokes and certain other neurological emergencies, our physicians can consult with experts in real-time through our TeleHealth program.
- Strong working relationships with hospitalists and specialists who provide consultations to the ED.
About the organization:
The Cooley Dickinson Health Care system, an affiliate of Massachusetts General Hospital and Mass General Brigham, has a medical staff of approximately 500 active members (physicians and advanced practice clinicians). The system is comprised of the Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Cooley Dickinson Medical Group, as well as a VNA and Hospice. We pride ourselves on being a progressive, empowering employer, and a place for everyone. We are driven by our responsibility to create a culture of continuous improvement and be an all-inclusive health care provider, employer, and leader in our community.
The system’s 140-bed hospital annually admits 8600 patients, treats 34,000 emergency patients, and delivers approximately 600 babies. The Cooley Dickinson Medical Group (CDMG), the fastest-growing part of the system, consists of approximately 74 physicians and 37 advanced practice clinicians who provide care at 11 locations. The VNA & Hospice averages 56,500 home care visits and serves an average of 400 hospice patients per year. Since 1885, the Cooley Dickinson Health Care system has successfully employed the brightest, most dedicated clinicians in medicine.