Emergency Medicine Physician [PRN]
Emergency Medicine Physicians are clinicians who provide clinical care and treatment for patients presenting at Duke Regional Hospital’s Emergency Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in direct clinical practice as the principal component of his/her professional responsibility within the Department.
- Provide medical assessment, diagnostic determination, and clinical management necessary to ensure appropriate clinical disposition of Emergency Department patients.
- Accurate and timely completion of all clinical and professional records and documentation to assure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory, licensure, and accreditation requirements.
- Communicate with consulting providers as necessary to facilitate necessary ongoing care and treatment of patients.
- Work to create a positive work culture within department and cross-departmental teams.
- Participate in relevant Medical Staff and DRH committees representing Emergency Medicine as needed and requested.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Graduate of MD or DO Medical School with completion of Emergency Medicine Residency.
Current unrestricted medical license issued by NCMB.
Federal and State DEA number with prescriptive authority
ABMS Board Certification in Emergency Medicine.
Training experiences as mandated by the American Board of Emergency Medicine for board eligibility/certification required. Experience in emergency medicine practice preferred.
10 hours shifts as needed.