Norman Regional ED Physician (FT) - Norman Regional has an excellent opportunity for a physician to join our established employed Emergency Services Team serving central/south Oklahoma. With an established Emergency Medicine Residency Program...we attract physicians who enjoy a dynamic teaching culture. Strong medical staff specialty support is available 24/7.
Our three Emergency Department locations offer expert emergency care at Norman Regional HealthPlex, Norman Regional Hospital and Norman Regional Moore. A 4th location is opening in late '22 at our "Norman Regional Nine" location on Highway 9 in southeast Norman. Our ED physicians work within a system of strong clinical and management support, a collegial work environment focused on positive outcomes and measures, and ongoing achievement of numerous certifications and recognitions. Norman Regional presently employs 200+ multi-specialty providers.
Norman Regional Health System is a team of 3,000+ healers, all working together to bring our mission and vision to life. Our mission is to serve our community as the leader in health and wellness care. Our vision is to be the provider of choice to improve the health and well-being of our regional communities. We call our employees healers because we view every single member of our team as having an impact either face-to-face or behind the scenes on our patients’ and visitors’ journey through our health system.We strive to recruit and retain healers who embody our spirit of customer service and who represent Norman Regional’s five core values: Integrity, Communications, Attitude, Results and Engagement or ICARE.
This is a special place to work. Apply today to join our compassionate team of healers and make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
- Emergency Medicine Physician - full-time employment model; immediate opening as we continue to expand our Emergency Services
- Role - provide assessment, evaluation, diagnosis and treatment for the medical management of patients in the Emergency Departments, as appropriate for Norman Regional Medical Staff privileges
- Physicians provide teaching and mentoring support for Norman Regional's Emergency Medicine Residency Program, which is one of four in Oklahoma
- 12 hour shifts and scheduling software to optimize shift preferences; 10 shifts meet full-time definition, allowing strong flexibility and additional shifts as desired
- Strong compensation and benefits package, including retirement and annual CME allocation, as well as licensure reimbursement
- Background info:
- Accredited ED residency program; one of four in Oklahoma
- NRHS owns & operates EMS service
- With the Inspire Health completion (Fall ’23), all EDs will be new & services will include a free-standing behavior health facility
- Multiple subspecialties take ED call
- Pediatric psych consult process
- Strong partnership with City of Moore & Norman public safety divisions
- MD/DO - board-certified or board-eligible in Emergency Medicine (AOBEM or ABEM)
- OK License, OBNDD, DEA
- Meet requirements of Norman Regional Medical Staff