Emergency Medicine Physician
Geisinger is seeking a board-certified/board-eligible Emergency Medicine physician for the department of Emergency Medicine at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital located in Lewistown, Pa.
At Geisinger, you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on your patients’ lives! Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family, and our communities.
We're not afraid to do things differently when it comes to delivering excellent care. That spirit of innovation and excellence drives everything we do at Geisinger, including:
- Robust emergency medical services program: nine state-of-the-art helicopters stationed at six bases across the system, two Critical Care Ground Transports in a regional model, a strong and growing ground EMS agency including our nationally recognized mobile integrated health program
- Newly ACGME-approved EM residency program in the Northeast Region and longstanding EM residency program in Central Region.
- Progressive care models focused on innovative early intervention and post-acute care options to decrease hospital and ED congestion.
- Growing pediatric emergency medicine program.
- Established trauma program with trauma designations at multiple sites. Each region includes a Level 1 trauma center, comprehensive stroke center, and STEMI receiving center.
- Embedded, multi-disciplinary team of care managers and clinical pharmacists in emergency departments to create a holistic, streamlined process from triage to discharge.
- Geisinger has produced and is still home to industry leaders in our specialty including state and national leaders in ACEP, PACEP, ABEM, EMS, Research, and Education.
With Geisinger, you can also take advantage of:
- Competitive compensation package & benefits including three robust retirement plans, CME, relocation, and more! To learn more about our extensive benefits that allow our employees to live well both in their professional and personal lives, click here.
- Academic opportunities with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Better quality of life - Enjoy the fresh air, short commutes, a lower cost of living, and tight-knit communities in our respective regions across Pennsylvania.
- Satisfaction of working for a nationally recognized, physician-led healthcare organization committed to leading healthcare change.
Jaewon Ryu, MD, FACEP, a Diplomate of the American Board of Emergency Medicine and Geisinger’s executive vice president and chief medical officer, said it best:
“Practicing emergency medicine at Geisinger offers physicians the opportunity to advance their careers while also making a huge impact, not only in the lives of our patients, but on the nation as a whole. Geisinger has been recognized as a leader in the industry for its innovative care delivery models that positively influence the way emergency medicine physicians practice everywhere.”
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania