Physician - Emergency Medicine
WVU Medicine is seeking qualified candidates to join our over 60 full-time faculty members across diverse academic and community emergency departments throughout north central West Virginia.
Multiple practice sites create career opportunities for Emergency Medicine physicians looking for a variety of clinical experiences anchored by affiliation with the WVU School of Medicine.
- Ruby Memorial Hospital (54,000 visits) located in Morgantown, is a Level 1 Trauma Center, Primary Stroke Center, and regional tertiary care center. It is the academic base of a fully accredited residency program (10 residents/yr) and an ultrasound fellowship.
- United Hospital Center (58,000 visits) is located 25 miles south of Morgantown in Bridgeport. Community ED physicians enjoy a new state of the art hospital while practicing in a bedside teaching environment with EM residents.
- St. Joseph's Hospital (24,000 visits) is located in the central WV college town of Buckhannon where clinical opportunities and medical student and resident teaching are available.
- Grant Memorial Hospital (13,000 visits) located in Petersburg, WV offers a unique low volume practice opportunity with all the support of a large academic program.
- Camden-Clark Medical Center (55,000 visits) located in Parkersburg allows ED faculty to teach medical students and residents in a brand new ED to be completed Fall 2016.
Qualified applicants must have an MD or DO degree (the employer accepts foreign educational equivalent) and be eligible to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia medical license.
Candidates must have completed an accredited emergency medicine residency program for most positions; however opportunities are available for alternate boards (FM, IM) with significant ED experience.
For additional questions, please contact Payden Eckleberry, Senior Physician Recruiter, and Payden.firstname.lastname@example.org.