Emergency Medicine Physician
MEP Health is Southern Wisconsin's premier board-certified independent emergency medicine group since 1983 and we are searching for an Emergency Medicine Physician to be part of an amazing team of over 70 physicians and 40 advanced practitioner providers.
Practicing at a variety of emergency departments and urgent care settings in Wisconsin, we show up to work every day because we are passionate about providing outstanding care to the patients of our community. Our pursuit of excellence in patient care helps fuel our passion for acute care medicine.
We are just as passionate about taking care of our MEP family and making MEP a place where providers choose to be long term employees. Our leadership is made up of clinicians who understand what’s happening on shift because they are there beside you. That relationship is reflected in locally made decisions that are provider and patient centric.
As a physician with MEP, you will work in collaboration with our AP’s and hospital staff to provide acute care to patients. We are looking for an EM physician to:
- Perform various functions in ensuring that patients in need of immediate attention are stabilized and properly cared for.
- Bear a responsibility to practice emergency medicine in an ethical manner consistent with contemporary, evidence-based emergency medicine principles.
- Work simultaneously with staff from the emergency department, supporting departments and specialists within the health system.
- Participate in medical staff and/or hospital affairs.
- Exhibit attributes of professionalism in the healthcare facility where their practice is based including: altruism, accountability, duty, honor, integrity, respect, and positive patient experience.
- Work closely with Emergency Medical Service (EMS) agencies with prehospital treatment protocols and online medical control.
- Make sure that all medical records are competed in timely fashion.
- Gain knowledge of the basic principles of documentation, coding and reimbursement, practice expense costs, and other applicable physician administration costs, to assist in accurate billing for their services and to properly interpret practice revenue and expense information which they receive.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with major federal and state regulations that affect the practice of emergency medicine, such as the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996.
- Maintain current emergency medicine knowledge and skills through independent study, continuing medical education (CME) activities and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) standards.
- Gain a working knowledge of national quality and performance measures and patient safety.
Work life balance is important to us at MEP and our schedulers understand the unique needs of emergency medicine providers. We work together as a team to provide seamless coverage to our sites in a sustainable manner. As an EM physician with MEP you will participate in our sick call program and assigned shifts will include day, evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts in a fair and consistent process. Shifts times and hours vary to provide appropriate coverage to each department but range from 6-12 hours in length.
MEP wants to be the employer of choice and offers great employment packages including:
- Competitive wages
- Outstanding retirement contributions, starting day one for eligible employees
- Full health and dental insurance options
- Short term and long-term disability insurance coverage
- Path to partnership/shareholder status
- Malpractice coverage
- CME and professional expenses funds
- Various social and wellness activities